We spent many hours on research to finding how to chop onion in a cuisinart food processor, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best how to chop onion in a cuisinart food processor, you should not miss this article. how to chop onion in a cuisinart food processor coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 10 how to chop onion in a cuisinart food processor by our suggestions
828 reviews analysed
1. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel
- 250-watt food processor with 3-cup plastic work bowl
- Chops and grinds with patented reversible stainless-steel blade
- Simple push-button control panel
- durable, yet lightweight plastic body
- Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid for quick cleanup
- spatula included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- 24-ounce work bowl with handle
- Not recommend to grind beans with this as it chops.
- Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
- Limited 18-month warranty
Included components of the Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor Pulse controlled buttons Why Is This The Perfect Mini Processor For You? The Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor handles a variety of food preparation tasks including chopping, grinding, puréeing, emulsifying and blending. The patented auto-reversing SmartPower blade provides a super-sharp edge for the delicate chopping of herbs and for blending and puréeing other soft foods. The blunt edge offers a powerful cutting surface to grind through spices and other hard foods. Pulse activation gives maximum control for precision processing, whether chopping or grinding. Spatula, product manual and recipe booklet included. Using Your Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor The powerful high-speed 250-Watt motor works hard and fast to accomplish any small job with ease. Chop herbs, onions, garlic; grind spices, hard cheese, purée baby foods; blend mayonnaise and flavored butters, all with the same compact appliance. The Mini-Prep Plus Processor takes up minimum counter space and stores neatly on the countertop or in a cabinet. Best Practices When Using Your Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Processor Size Always cut large pieces of food into smaller pieces of even size – about 1/2-Inch. If you don’t start with pieces that are small and uniform, you will not get an even chop. Quantity You don’t want to overload the 3-Cup work bowl. Use the quantities given in the included recipe section of the product manual. As a rule of thumb, remember that after being processed, food should not reach more than 2/3 of the way up the central hub of the blade assembly. Selecting the Right Operating Control Use the Chop function for chopping, puréeing and mixing. It’s the best option, for example, when chopping soft, fragile food such as herbs, celery, onions, garlic and most cheeses. It is also the right choice for puréeing cooked vegetables, making mayonnaise and mixing salad dressing. Pulse action is best when you are using the chop function. Two or three pulses are often enough. Use the Grind function for grinding spices and for chopping hard food such as peppercorns, seeds, chocolate and nuts. Continuous-hold action is best when you are using the grind function. Adding Liquid You can add liquids such as water, oil or flavoring while the machine is running. For example, you might want to add oil when making mayonnaise or salad dressing, or you could add vanilla or alcohol when making frozen yogurt. Pour the liquid through one of the two openings in the cover. Removing Food From the Sides of the Bowl Occasionally food will stick to the sides of the bowl as you process. Stop the machine to clear food away. After the blade has stopped moving, remove the cover and use the spatula to scrape the food from the sides of the bowl back into the center. Cleaning and Storage Read to clean up? No problem To simplify cleaning, rinse the work bowl, cover and blade immediately after each use, so that food won’t dry on them. Wash blade assembly, work bowl, cover and spatula in warm soapy water. If you have a dishwasher, you can wash the work bowl, cover, blade assembly and spatula on the top rack. The Mini-Prep Plus Processor stores neatly on the countertop in a minimum of space. The hidden cord storage underneath the motor base will help to keep excess cord off the countertop. Store the unit assembled to prevent loss of parts. Easily dice tomatoes in seconds Just a Few of the Many Foods You Can Prepare Food Item Operation/Technique Comments/Notes Seeds and Dried Berries Grind. Pulse to break up, then process continuously to desired consistency. Coriander, cumin, dill, fennel, sesame, poppy and juniper berries Herbs, fresh Chop. Pulse to chop to desired consistency. Rinse and dry completely. Remove leaves from stems to chop. Onions Chop. Pulse 5-10 times to chop to desired size. Peel; Cut into 3⁄4-inch or smaller pieces of similar size. Mushrooms Chop. Pulse to chop to desired consistency. Choose firm, fresh mushrooms. Cut into quarters or even-size pieces, no larger than 3⁄4-inch. Nuts Chop. Pulse to chop to desired consistency. Toast nuts first for maximum flavor. Allow to cool completely before chopping. Vegetables, cooked Chop. Pulse 5-10 times to chop, then process continuously until desired consistency is reached. Cook vegetables until tender. Process to a smooth purée for baby food or sauces; may need to add liquid for consistency. .
2. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Includes stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, and new chopping blade
- 720-watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive “on” and “off/pulse” buttons
- 14-cup Lexan work bowl
- extra-large feed tube
- small and large pushers
- Spatula, instruction/recipe booklet
- dishwasher-safe parts
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Detachable disc stem.MC Cubic Feet: 1.14
- Note: Shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable. Kindly refer to user manual before use
The Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY Custom Food Processor has an extra-large feed tube that holds whole fruits and vegetables. Features a 14-cup work bowl, 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, stainless steel shredding disc, and chopping/mixing blade. Includes a spatula and recipe book.
3. Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper/Grinder, Die Cast
- 4-cup chopper/grinder with simple touchpad control panel
- Auto-reversing SmartPower blade provides sharp edge and blunt edge
- BladeLock system keeps blade securely in place for safety.The blade needs to be pushed in and the lid should be locked properly for the item to turn on.
- Spatula and recipe/instruction book included; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 5-4/5 by 6-1/2 by 9-1/5 inches; limited 18-month warranty
More convenient than ever, the Cuisinart Elite collection 4-cup chopper/grinder effortlessly handles a variety of food preparation tasks such as chopping, grinding and pureeing. The smartpower blade has a patented auto-reversing ability with a sharp edge for delicate chopping and pureeing soft foods, while the blunt edge grinds through spices and harder foods. Additionally, the revolutionary bladelock system feature keeps the blade secure during processing and pouring. Small enough to keep on the counter, the 4-cup work bowl is the ideal size for many food prep tasks. The handle, touchpad controls, and dishwasher safe parts make it even more convenient to operate and clean. It’s cutting-edge food prep from Cuisinart.
From the Manufacturer
In 1973, Cuisinart expanded the potential of every American kitchen with the introduction of the food processor. Now, the folks who revolutionized the way you cook are back with a collection that takes power and innovation to the next level.
|The Cuisinart Elite Chopper/Grinder handles a variety of food preparation tasks, such as chopping, grinding, pureeing, emulsifying, and blending. The 4 cup capacity holds enough ingredients to perform all your basic food prep tasks. The patented SmartPower auto-reversing blade features an incredibly sharp edge for delicate chopping and pureeing soft foods. The reverse edge is blunt, to grind through spices and harder foods. And the exclusive BladeLock System enables the blade to lock into the bowl, so you can now pour ingredients out of the bowl without first having to remove the blade. The powerful high-speed motor works hard and fast to accomplish small jobs with ease. Chop herbs, onions or garlic; grind spices or hard cheese; puree baby foods; blend homemade mayo and flavored butter — all in one compact machine that is small enough to keep on the counter. You have virtually unlimited options with the Cuisinart Elite Collection Chopper/Grinder.|
|Tips for Better Food Processing|
|Food size: Always cut large pieces of food into smaller pieces of even size — about 1/2 an inch — to produce a uniform chop.||Chop and Grind Function|
|Bowl fill: Do not overload the work bowl; processed food should not reach more than two-thirds of the way up the work bowl. Please note: because of the powerful motor, it is recommended to use one hand to support the chopper/grinder during operation.|
|Chop vs. Grind: Use the Chop function for chopping, pureeing and mixing. It is the right choice, for example, for chopping soft, fragile food such as herbs, celery, onions, garlic and most cheeses. It is also the right choice for pureeing cooked vegetables, making mayonnaise, and mixing salad dressing. Use the Grind function for grinding spices, and for chopping hard foods such as peppercorns, seeds, chocolate and nuts.|
|Pulse vs. Continuous-hold: Pulsing is best when you are using the chop function. Two or three pulses are often enough. Be sure to check the food frequently to prevent over processing. If you over-process, you are likely to get a watery paste instead of a fine chop. A continuous-hold is best when you are using the grind function. Depending on the food, you may have to operate the unit for several seconds to achieve the desired results — or as long as 20 seconds for some seeds. When operating in continuous-hold, use a pulse action every 10 seconds to allow food to drop to the bottom of the work bowl. This provides more consistent results. Never operate the unit continuously for longer than one minute at a time.|
|Adding liquid: You can add liquids such as water, oil or flavoring while the machine is running. For example, you might want to add oil when making mayonnaise or salad dressing, or you could add vanilla or alcohol when making frozen yogurt. Pour the liquid through one of the two openings in the cover. Please note: only add liquid through one opening at a time. The other opening must be left unobstructed to allow air to escape. If both opening are blocked, liquid cannot flow smoothly into the bowl.|
|Removing food from the sides of the bowl: Occasionally food will stick to the sides of the bowl as you process. Stop the machine to clear the food away. Once the blade has stopped, remove the cover and use the included spatula to scrape the food from the sides of the bowl back into the center. Do not put hands into bowl unless unit is unplugged.|
|Quick Start Guide|
The BladeLock System
|Cleaning and Storage|
|To simplify cleaning, rinse the work bowl, cover, and blade immediately after each use. Wash blade assembly, work bowl, cover, and spatula in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry. Use caution when washing the blade.||
Make Hummus in Minutes
|Avoid leaving the blade in soapy water where it may disappear from sight. The work bowl, cover, blade assembly, and spatula can be washed on the top rack of a dishwasher. Wipe the motor base clean with a damp sponge or cloth. Dry it immediately. Never submerge the motor base or plug in water or other liquid.|
|The Cuisinart Elite Collection Chopper/Grinder stores neatly on the countertop in a minimum of space. When it is not in use, be sure to leave it unplugged. The hidden cord storage underneath the motor base will help to keep excess cord off the countertop. Store the unit assembled to prevent loss of parts. Store the blades out of reach of children.|
4. Crank Chop Food Chopper and Processor Deluxe with Japanese Blades – Chop Dice Puree Vegetables Onions Tomatoes Garlic Meats and Nuts in Just Seconds for Delicious Meals – Perfect for Homemade Salsa
- ➤ Chops, dices, and purees with a pull of the cord
- ➤ Easy to use – just pull the cord to start chopping
- ➤ 2-cup capacity bowl; Bowl and blades are dishwasher safe
- ➤ Upgraded with strong Japanese blades and includes deluxe food topper
- ➤ Includes Crank Chop, lid, upgraded Japanese blades, protective blade cover, and Food Topper
Making food prep fun again. Your bulky electric food processor is noisy and takes up too much counter space. Crank Chop is a compact, manual food processor that does not require electricity. Chop, dice, and puree with a pull of the cord! Make salads, salsa, tabbouleh, stir fry, and more with ease. You can even make homemade baby food! Crank Chop measures 5-inches by 5-inches by 5.5-inches so it is small enough to stash in your drawer or cabinet when not in use. Take it along camping, in the RV, work, or the college dorm.
Upgraded blades. Upgrade your Crank Chop and slice through foods with incredibly powerful upgraded Japanese blades. The Japanese blades are stronger than the standard blades. Also included is the Food Topper. Shred and grate your favorite toppings effortlessly!
How it works. Using Crank Chop is really easy. Just place your food in the bowl and place lid. Crank to chop! Then serve. The more you crank, the finer the chop. Crank Chop has three powerful blades that simultaneously slice through food with each pull of the cord. Pull the nylon cord a couple of times for a nice dice or several for a rich puree. Crank Chop’s bowl has a 2 cup capacity. And the bowl and blades are top rack dishwasher safe for easy clean up (lid should be hand washed only).
What’s in the box?
- Crank Chop Deluxe (bowl, upgraded Japanese blades, and lid)
- Protective cover for blades
- Food Topper
The more you crank, the finer the chop!
5. Cuisinart FP-13DSV Elemental 13 Cup Food Processor and Dicing Kit, Silver
- 13-cup large bowl, 4.5-cup small bowl. LWH- 8.10 inches x 10.43 inches x 16.43 inches, MC LWH- 22.24 inches x 11.61 inches x 18.31 inches
- Dicing disc with 10 mm grid plus cleaning tool
- Exclusive patent-pending SealTight Advantage system – seals bowl and locks blade
- Patented Blade Lock system
- Easy to clean – removable parts are dishwasher safe
Tackle food prep tasks both large and small with the Cuisinart Elemental 13 Food Processor. The NEW dicing disc features a 10mm screen for dicing food into perfect squares and we’ve also included a cleaning tool to keep it in top operating condition. The 13-cup work bowl easily handles larger quantities of ingredients, making it perfect for big family meals and entertaining – the bonus 4.5 cup bowl is ideal for smaller amounts. Two stainless steel blades and two discs make quick work of chopping nuts, pureeing soup, slicing tomatoes, shredding cheese and more. The high gloss base adds high style to any kitchen.
6. Cuisinart DLC-1 Mini-Prep Food Processor, White
DLC1Features: -Powerful chopper/grinder.-White Base.-21-ounce work bowl.-2 speeds for precision processing.-Patented reversible blade.-Dishwasher-safe parts.-Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges.-Spatula.-Instruction/Recipe Book. Dimensions: -Overall Dimensions: 8.25”H x 6.9”W x 5.2”D. Warranty: -Limited 18-month warranty.
The Cuisinart Mini-Prep food processor stands 8 inches tall and just over 4 inches wide, but don’t let the size fool you. The base houses a motor so powerful that you need to stabilize it with one hand when using the high setting to whip up a strawberry-banana smoothie for one in less than a minute. The clear plastic prep bowl locks into place with a simple twist, while the blades can be set sharp side up for chopping onions or grating Parmesan cheese, or turned blunt side up for making walnut pesto or whipping up chocolate frosting. The set includes a spatula and a cleaning brush to remove coffee grounds.
For best results, cut ingredients into small, even pieces–about 1/2-inch square or so works well. In general, use the sharp-edge approach for low speed and the blunt side of the blades for high speed. If you need to run the motor for longer than one minute, pause and begin again. The bowl, cover, and blade assembly can all be run through the dishwasher, but watch your fingers when dissembling the machine, as the blades are extremely sharp. –Irene Svete
7. Cuisinart Elemental 8 Cup Food Processor Silver
- 350 watts for powerful food prep performance
- 8-Cup work bowl with measurement markings
- Reversible shredding and slicing discs – medium to fine
- Integrated feed tube to add ingredients during processing. Dimensions : 7.60 L x 9.58 W x 15.19 H inches
- Easy-To-Clean, removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Bisphenol A(BPA) free
This Cuisinart food processor is designed to perform just about any food prep task a recipe calls for. It’s big enough to chop ingredients for a party-sized portion of salsa, and powerful enough to turn a full work bowl of veggies into healthy pureed soups in seconds. Rubberized touch pad controls, and reversible shredding and slicing discs make this food processor a favorite of creative home cooks!; Cuisinart elemental 8 cup food processor, white.
8. Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
Chop, dice and mince in seconds. The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Food Chopper is great for chopping vegetables, hard cheeses, nuts, herbs, garlic and more. The base allows you to chop with or without a cutting board.
9. Cuisinart DLC-2ABLUWS, Blue Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor, 24 Ounces
- Chop or grind at the touch of a button
- Touchpad controls are easy to use and easy to clean
- 24-ounce work bowl with handle
- Exclusive auto-reversing SmartPower blade for two powerful processing options
- Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- BPA Free
- Includes: Spatula & Instruction / Recipe book
The Mini-Prep Plus 24 Ounce Processor is the perfect little helper for small food preparation, from chopping herbs to finely grinding hard cheese. Its versatility lies in the special Auto Reversing Smart Blade making the Mini-Prep versatile, and it is easier to process both soft and hard foods in the 24 ounce work bowl. Designed in Italy, the Mini-Prep Plus is easy to clean as it is to look at, with a wipe-clean touch pad and dishwasher-safe removable parts.
10. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer – Slicer Dicer Onion Chopper – Vegetable Dicer Food Chopper Dicer Pro – Food Choppers and Dicers – Spiralizer Vegetable Cutter – Veggie Chopper
- ✅ 4 INTERCHANGEABLE BLADES let you julienne, chop and slice vegetables with ease. Built-in chop lid lets you cut foods directly into the 1.2L collection tray without the mess of a knife and cutting board. STORAGE CONTAINER lets you hold prepared vegetables in the Fullstar Vegetable Cutter until you are ready to begin cooking. This 7-piece set is destined to become the favorite among all your home kitchen tools.
- ✅ RUST RESISTANT heavy-duty 420 stainless steel retains razor sharpness for crisp, smooth cutting and grating. Blades snap in and out with ease. Cut potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and more.
- ✅ SOFT GRIP HANDLE with rubberized TPU enhances leverage while the non-skid base ensures stability during use. Slice, dice, chop and cut fruits and vegetables safely and easily, in half the time.
- ✅ FDA approved, BPA Free. This compact chopper measures just 10.63”L x 4.72”H x 4.48”W. It can be fully disassembled for easy cleaning on the top shelf of your dishwasher.
- ✅ CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is our top priority. Fullstar insists on the highest quality materials and manufacturing processes to bring you superior home kitchen accessories. We confidently offer a Money Back Guarantee on our Vegetable and Food Chopper. In the unlikely event that it does not perform as promised, return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found How To Chop Onion In A Cuisinart Food Processor for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!