Finding the best ceramic dutch oven stovetop for your needs isnt easy. With hundreds of choices can distract you. Knowing whats bad and whats good can be something of a minefield. In this article, weve done the hard work for you.
33,496 reviews analysed
1. Lodge Color EC6D63 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Pumpkin, 6-Quart
This 6-Quart enamel dutch oven is great for cooking, marinating, refrigeration and freezing. The color porcelain enamel on cast iron can be used on gas, electric, ceramic, as well as in the oven. The cookware is cast from molten iron in individual sand molds then coated with multiple porcelain layers. The porcelain surface eliminates the need to season cast iron creating a smooth, hard surface that is easy to clean while maintaining superior heat distribution and heat retention. Better heat retention will actually reduce the amount of energy needed for cooking so it saves money. Tightly fitting lid seals in moisture. Stainless steel knob is oven safe to 500-Degree Fahrenheit. Not recommended for use on outdoor grills or over open outdoor flames. Not for use in microwaves. The black rim on the pot is matte porcelain, not exposed cast iron. Although dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended to preserve the cookware’s original appearance. 10-3/4-Inch diameter, 4-1/2-Inch deep. Pumpkin
2. Cooks Standard 7-Quart Classic Stainless Steel Dutch Oven Casserole Stockpot with Lid
- Made with 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum disc layered in the bottom
- Aluminum disc bottom provides even heat distribution and prevents hot spots
- Tempered glass lid with steam hole vent makes viewing food easy
- Riveted handles offer durability
- Oven safe to 500F, glass lid to 350F
- Works on induction, gas, electric, glass, ceramic, etc.
- Dishwasher safe
The Cooks Standard 7-Quart Classic Stainless Steel Dutch Oven Casserole Stockpot with Lid is made with 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum disc layered in the bottom. The aluminum disc bottom provides even heat distribution and prevents hot spots. Tempered glass lid with steam hole vent makes viewing food easy. Stainless steel riveted handles offer durability. Induction compatible. Works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, etc. Oven safe to 500F, glass lid to 350F. Dishwasher safe.
3. Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Dutch Oven, 8 1/2-quart, Black
- Heavy-gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and is hard-anodized for durability. It also makes it dishwasher-safe.
- Interior includes three layers of nonstick coating – two layers provide durability and the third layer offers easy release performance.
- The long, brushed stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop. Pans and covers are also oven safe, making it ideal for finishing a gourmet dish.
- The rich, elegant exterior color is not a surface coating, but is a result of a change the aluminum undergoes during hard-anodization, for a fully-infused, dishwasher safe color that won’t chip, crack or peel.
- The nonstick surface means you can cook healthier using less fat, with effortless cleanup. Comes with Calphalon’s full lifetime warranty.
Now dishwasher safe for easy cleanup, Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick is created with multi-layer nonstick for ultra durability. The stunning, contemporary design looks beautiful in the kitchen, and heavy-gauge, hard-anodized aluminum ensures even heating. This large-capacity Dutch Oven is tailor-made for large families or entertaining. It’s ideal for simmering sauces, soups and stews; also perfect for pot roasts, casseroles and baked pasta dishes. Goes from stovetop to oven.
4. AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven – 7.5-Quart, White
- White 7.5-quart enameled cast-iron Dutch oven for baking, braising, roasting, and more
- Made of heavy-duty cast iron for thorough, even heating and optimal cooking performance
- Enamel finish won’t react to food
- pot can be used to marinate, cook, and store food
- Oven-safe to 400 degrees F
- suitable for all cooking surfaces but handle with care on glass or ceramic stovetops to prevent scratching
- hand wash only (NOT dishwasher safe)
- Loop side handles for easy transport
- secure-fitting lid
- backed by an AmazonBasics limited 1-year warranty
An Amazon Brand.
5. Lodge 2 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Pre-seasoned Pot with Lid for Cooking, Basting, or Baking
- Seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- The right tool to sear, sauté, simmer, bake, broil, braise, roast, fry or grill
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire
- Great for induction cooktops
- Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
The Lodge Cast Iron 2-Quart Serving Pot is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes and all your favorite foods. Cook up baked beans, soups and stews. This cookware piece goes from stovetop to tabletop for serving. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time. Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible cookware should last for generations. Made of cast iron, this pot evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron cookware looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. This pre-seasoned cookware is ready-to-use right out of the box. While the cookware comes pre-seasoned to prevent food from sticking, it works best when sprayed or lightly coated with vegetable oil before use. The Lodge seasoning procedure is a multiple-step process in which the seasoning oil is applied via an electrostatic spray system that coats the cookware, then it’s baked in commercial ovens at very high temperatures. This allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the pores of the iron. This seasoning process achieves a seasoned finish that would take many months of home use to achieve. Sometimes during this process, the seasoning oil can collect and create a bubble or slight drip at the bottom of the pan as it’s hanging through the production process. And that in turn can turn brown as it’s processed through the seasoning ovens. This brown spot is not rust but in fact, carbonized seasoning and will darken with use. The factory seasoning process makes Lodge cast iron products ready to use right out of the box, and the product over time “Just keeps getting better”. After cooking, clean with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to utensil while it is still warm. Cast Iron, like your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware. The American-based company, Lodge, has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century. Measures 8-inches in diameter and 2.875-inches deep.
There are lots of fancy cookware materials out there but cast iron still trumps them all with its even heating, heat retention, price, and duration. Its these traits that make Lodge cookware favored by both indoor chefs and campfire cooks alike. The caveat is being able to lift cast iron cookware and, at 8 pounds, this serving pot will give most chefs a workout. The pot measures 8 inches in diameter and 2-7/8 inches deep and comes with a matching 8-inch iron cover. The pot arrives ready to simmer up to 2 quarts of baked beans, soup, or stew and goes right from stovetop to tabletop for serving.
While it usually takes years of cooking to burn on the prized finish that makes cast-iron cookware smooth and stick-free, the Logic line of cookware comes pre-seasoned to save you some work. Cast iron pots in this line are coated in a vegetable oil, which is then baked on in a hot industrial oven to obtain that blackened patina and silky surface. Logic cookware has plenty of fans, including the editorial staff at Good Housekeeping, who cited it as one of the best new products of the year at the 2003 Good Buy Awards. –Cristina Vaamonde
6. Calphalon Classic Nonstick Dutch Oven with Cover, 7 quart, Grey
The Calphalon Classic Nonstick 7-Quart Dutch Oven with Cover features convenient fill lines, a straining cover, and pour spouts to help you save time in the kitchen. This covered Dutch oven is made with dual-layer nonstick for extra-easy food release and cleanup, and is constructed from durable hard-anodized aluminum for fast and even heating. The large capacity nonstick Dutch oven is ideal for baking chickens, searing or braising meats, then finishing dishes in the oven. Use it for chili, stews, soups and one-pot family meals. Loop handles fit easily in the oven and make the pan easy to carry from oven to table for serving.
7. NutriChef Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven – 5-Quart Kitchen Round Dutch Oven Stovetop Casserole Cookware Braising Pot, Porcelain Enamel Coated Cast-Iron Baking Pots w/ Self Basting Lid – NCCIEC45 (Red)
- 5 QT CAPACITY: The Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid features a 5 quart capacity made of heavy duty cast iron metal. Has a broad base that allows maximum room for searing. An all-in-one cooking pot that lets you sauté, simmer, braise, bake, roast & fry
- PORCELAIN ENAMEL COATING: The 5 qt cast iron dutch oven features smooth porcelain enamel coating proven to effectively distribute & retain heat for an even & consistent temperature throughout the entire pot, perfect for cooking soups, stews & chili
- HEAT SAFE UP TO 500° F: The induction dutch oven is heat-safe even at high temperatures of up to 500°F. Features extra wide round pot diameter for full family meals & integrated side carry handles. Measures 12.7” L x 9.8” W x 4.7” H with lid & handle
- SELF-BASTING LID: Includes a snug fitting cast iron lid cover for high temp retention. The self basting ridge-lined lid directs heat & vapor onto food. Designed to catch steam as it rises in the pot & condense the steam back into water inside the lid
- INDUCTION READY: These enamel cast iron pots are compatible w/ all heating methods. Works on gas, induction, glass ceramic & electric stove top. It is stain-resistant and easy to clean. Enjoy traditional casserole cooking style with the whole family
Kitchen Dutch Oven Pot – Enamel Coated Cast Iron Pot with Lid, Stovetop Casserole Pot Style (5 Quart)
• Classic Dutch Oven Design
• Long Lasting, Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Pot
• Enjoy Traditional Casserole Pot Cooking Style
• Smooth Porcelain Enamel Outer Coating
• Stylish, Modern Home Kitchen Color
• Snug Fitting Lid for High-Temperature Retention
• Extra-Wide Round Pot Diameter for Full Family Meals
• Self-Basting Ridge-Lined Lid Directs Heat & Vapors onto Food
• Effectively Distributes & Retains Heat for Even Cooking All-Around
• Stainless Steel Pot Lid Knob
• Integrated Side Carry Handles
• Stain-Resistant & Easy-to-Clean
• Perfect Kitchen Cookware for Oven Safe & Stovetop Meal Prep
• Safe for Gas, Electric, Ceramic & Induction Counter Cooktops
What’s in the Box:
• Dutch Oven Pot
• Cast Iron Lid Cover
• Oven Pot Capacity: 5+ Quart
• Max Temperature: 500° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius)
• Construction Material: Cast Iron Metal, Porcelain Enamel
• Total Dutch Oven Size (L x W x H): 12.7’’ x 9.8’’ x 4.7’’ -inches (with Lid & Handle)
• Sold as: 1
• Weight: 17.25 lbs.
8. Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven 5 qt
- 5 Quart Seasoned Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven. The Lodge Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven works overtime. Featuring a lid that easily converts to a skillet. The domed cover is great for roasts and non-knead bread recipes, too. Conducts heat evenly and efficiently — just like cast iron should. Measures 12.62″ x 10.38″ x 6.3″ with lid.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil
- no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food
- it’s about the memories.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business
- it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
The Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven, 5-Quart is sturdy, integral, and features ovenproof loop handles for lifting and handling convenience. Tightly controlled metal chemistry and exacting mold tolerances deliver consistent product for even heating and superior cooking performance. The High Dome lid offers greater capacity and also works double duty as a skillet. Electro statically coated with a proprietary vegetable oil, and cured at high temperatures to allow the oil to deeply penetrate the surface of the cast iron. Measures 12.62″ x 10.38″ x 6.3″ with lid. The item is sealed with a pre-seasoning oil which leads to a drop that can appear like rust which will burn off with 1-2 cookings.
9. Cuisinart Oval Casserole, Gradient Blue, 7 Qt
- Cast iron construction provides superior heat retention and even heat distribution
- Porcelain enamel exterior provides a strong, durable finish in rich colors complementing any kitchen décor
- perfect for cooking, serving and entertaining
- Porcelain enamel interior is ideal for cooking, its surface does not impart flavors or absorb odors
- Safe for induction, halogen, glass/ceramic, gas and electric stove-tops
- Oven and broiler safe
- 7-Qt. capacity
- Dishwasher safe for convenient maintenance and easy cleanup
Cuisinart Oval Casserole, Gradient Blue, 7 Qt
10. BK Dutch Dutch Oven Indigo Collection 5.5QT (Blue)
- No one knows Dutch ovens like BK—
- the Royal founder of the Dutch oven
- These heirloom-quality Dutch ovens are handcrafted in Germany in the same tradition as the original enameled models that earned the Royal predicate in 1951
- re built to last thanks to heavy-gauge carbon steel, a thick base and GlazeGuard technology—
- the unique and durable interior and exterior glaze that’
- s non-porous, non-reactive and resists cuts and scratches
- The carbon steel core is molecularly fused with the GlazeGuard interior and exterior for better chip-resistance than cast iron
- Celebrated by chefs everywhere, carbon steel weighs a fraction of cast iron and is more heat responsive for faster, more even heating
No one knows Dutch ovens like BK—the Royal founder of the Dutch oven. These heirloom-quality Dutch ovens are handcrafted in Germany in the same tradition as the original enameled models that earned the Royal predicate in 1951. They’re built to last thanks to heavy-gauge carbon steel, a thick base and GlazeGuard technology—the unique and durable interior and exterior glaze that’s non-porous, non-reactive and resists cuts and scratches. The carbon steel core is molecularly fused with the GlazeGuard interior and exterior for better chip-resistance than cast iron. Celebrated by chefs everywhere, carbon steel weighs a fraction of cast iron and is more heat responsive for faster, more even heating. Thanks to the natural nonstick properties of the enamel, food slides right off for easy cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher. brbrThe dome-shaped lid features welded handles for enhanced strength as well as a stainless steel rim and a recessed interior to provide extra room for taller roasts and poultry and prevent boil overs while sitting inside the pot for a secure fit. The BK Dutch oven performs remarkably on all stovetops, including induction, and its bonded handles will stay cool on any heat source. This classic cookware is available in four heritage colors with the signature indigo interior to inspire your meal-making and kitchen décor. brbrBK has a rich history of innovation. In 1851, coppersmith Hendrik Berk of Kampen, Holland, was commissioned by local inhabitants and businesses to make milk churns, pots, pans and other cooking utensils. Forty years later, he added a protective layer of enamel to his steel pans and tins and introduced the world to the first enameled steel Dutch oven. This laid the foundation for BK, which continues to bring high quality and innovative engineering to their approach to cookware. BK’s crowning achievement came in 1951 when Queen Juliana awarded them the Royal predicate—a title awarded only to or
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Ceramic Dutch Oven Stovetop for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!